The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #20

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of money anyway? 


Last week's reader favorites were:




A Perfect Frozen Banana from a Life Unprocessed


 

Neaten Brows with Rags and Lolly Sticks from Mumtopia


#Gluten #Free #Play #Dough Recipe Review and Tips from OneCreativeMommy.com -- I tried three recipes to see which was the best!

Gluten Free Playdough from One Creative Mommy



Congrats and grab a badge from the right side!

So what kinds of posts are allowed?

1)  Recipes!  Gluten free, healthy ones please. 

2) Articles about food, sustainability, living healthy and frugal, being green, etc

3)  DIY tutorials for using up odds and ends around the house in a frugal fashion.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

What are the rules?

1) Post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post.

2) It might help to leave a comment.  What's your blog and/or your post about?  Is your recipe GF, EF, NF, DF, SF, V (i.e. gluten free, egg free, nut free, dairy free, sugar free, Vegan)

3) Consider telling people you shared here on FB, Twitter or elsewhere and spread the love around, so more people can find this link-up.

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

5) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

6) Follow the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!

And this week I'm back in action and sharing two posts from my Winter Locavore series!  


5 Ways to Use Local Radishes in Winter



Local Spinach and Sweet Potato Winter Salad


Now it's your turn to share something!!

17 comments:

  1. My recycled item isn't food but, I am decorating thrifty. I am not looking forward to spring blooming, but I am tired of the snow! More snow tonight. Meanwhile I hope I can find more foods I can tolerate this spring than last. I am an oral allergy suffer like you. Thanks for hosting.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm dreading spring a little myself ;) I will definitely be searching for (and sharing) some more ideas for managing allergies this year!

      Delete
  2. Hi. Thanks for hosting. I'm definitely going to be making that winter salad soon. Coconut lime dressing sounds delicious! This week I linked up to a post about HeartMath biofeedback. I had the chance to experience it, and let me just say it's fascinating to see the mindbody connection that clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting Danielle! I hope you have a great week. I've shared a chicken and veggie puree recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that sounds very interesting! Looking forward to checking it out.

      Delete
  4. Hi Danielle!
    This week I shared brined herb-rubbed chicken. You roast it breast-side down for moist breast meat.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring my Gluten Free Play Dough Recipes and Review. You made my night! You radishes look so pretty. It makes me want some right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi, if you can find them, I definitely recommend winter watermelon radishes :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for hosting!
    I hope your week and weekend will be wonderful. I'm sharing tips on how to treat allergies naturally as well as some natural spring cleaning tips. I'm also covering preparedness on my blog wich is important since we need to be prepared in case our access to prescribed medication and medical care is denied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Jo! Allergy relief will be much needed when the snow here finally stops :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for featuring my post about eyebrows - I had no idea other people would be interested in my lolly sticks / rags method! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I think many of us could use a little cleaning up around the brows, so it's a super helpful post!

      Delete
  8. We'd all like to find more ways to get greens and good fats into our diets in an enjoyable way. Can you believe spinach and avocado can be combined into an incredible "mock" Shamrock Shake?! All the goodness, none of the badness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I spy lots of fun tips. This week I shared how to Save Winter Citrus - Preserving Lemons, on the way to add more tasty Vitamin C to meals. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...