The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

8 Free and Easy DIY Summer Dress Tutorials



So summer is pretty much here for most people in North America, and I'm a few days away from leaving for my 2 week trip to Greece.

For months I've diligently gathered tutorials on my various Pinterest boards with the intentions of sewing myself a pretty summer dress to take with me.  I've marveled at how easy and quick these DIY summer dresses seemed to be. Well you know what Robbie Burns said: The best laid plans o'mice and men gang aft agley.

The upside of my lack of planning is that I've decided to share some of the prettiest, quickest, and easiest of the tutorials I've collected, so hopefully some of you can make use of them!



What with preparing for our trip to Greece, traveling from Wisconsin to Winnipeg to Vancouver to visit family and protest Monsanto, and the announcement of the upcoming publication of my new book on Oral Allergy Syndrome  well, sewing just hasn't been in the cards!

Hopefully on our return I'll get around to trying one or two of these.  In the meantime, happy sewing!  Most of these can be done by those with very, very basic sewing skills and little fabric - I've even put the easiest at the top!  Also, some of these are super frugal, and make use of leftover scraps and upcycled clothes.


Turn an old Tablecloth into a dress from Trash to Couture



BCBG




 



(You could easily do this with an old tank top instead, too)


Easy Summer Dress.  Free multi-size pattern and step by step photo tutorial from So Sew Easy.


I hope these inspire you! If you have a dress tutorial please feel free to link to it in the comments section below.  




Have you checked out my gluten free pasta book  Recipes for Unusual Gluten Free Pasta: Pierogis, Dumplings, Desserts and More! ? Get yourself a copy and start making GF won tons, pierogis, dumplings, and orzo today :)  

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KOBSVDI/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00KOBSVDI&linkCode=as2&tag=pooandglufr03-20&linkId=XQEAIRXIVZUMBNGU



This post was shared on the following great link parties: From the Farm Blog Hop

4 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for featuring my dress - its the one at the bottom. What a shame you never got around to fulfilling your sewing plans. Enjoy your trip to Greece - Deby at So Sew Easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deby, and thank you for sharing your dress pattern!

      Delete
  2. Hey, thank you so much for including a link to my tutorial! This has reminded me to come up with something equally as easy for this summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I missed this post. Thanks so much for including me!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...