The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Monday, July 15, 2013

Waste Not Want Not Wednesday #36 (early edition)

I'm posting WNWNW early because on Tuesday night I'll be on a plane back to Madison, Wisconsin and I never seem to get that darned timed posting correct!  So let's start the party early this week!

Got a great gluten free recipe, some frugal, eco-frienly tips or a healthy living article? Well come join the party!

The Waste Not Want Not Wednesday link-up party is inspired by World Food Day (Oct. 16), and recent articles such as this one that show between 40-51% of food in Canada and America ends up in the garbage.  Over-consumption, lack of knowledge, low cost and over purchasing are common causes of food waste in North America.  This unsustainable over-consumption extends to so many aspects of our lives.

So perhaps if we all share our tips for consuming a little less stuff in general, cooking more responsibly and frugally, and living eco-friendly, we can each take a small part in making our world a little more sustainable.

And besides, who couldn't save a little bit of $$$ anyway? 

The top three posts from last week were:


100_5152a
Inside Out Taco Casserole – Dairy Free, Gluten Free from Mom's Plans


C_IMG_1378
Tutorial: 13 Uses For Garlic Scapes from Fox in the Kitchen

Yeast Free Rice-A-Roni
Yeast Free Rice-A-Roni from Yeast Free Living










Congrats and feel free to grab a badge from the right side bar!



What are the guidelines?

1) Please post a link on your blog post to back here, or copy and paste the code from the box under the Waste Not Want Not Button on the side bar into the HTML of your post so others can find the party, too.

2) Visit some of the other posts here, comment on their scrumptiousness/brilliancy/helpfulness/frugality and let them know you found them here and hope for a similar visit.

3) Consider following the Poor and Gluten Free blog on Google+, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter to stay up to date on happenings here (ok, not a rule, just a little shameless self-promotion).

4) Don't have a blog? No worries! Share your tips or recipes in the comments section.

* Share up to 3 posts per week.  

Each week I'll post the entries on my Waste Not Want Not Pinterest board, and feature different posts on my  Facebook and Google+ pages so be sure to check in there, too to see if you've been featured!   

* By linking up you give me permission to share your photos on various social networks. I will always credit you and provide a link back to your blog and your photos won't be used for any other purpose. You will also receive future email notifications for the Waste Not Want Not party only, which you can easily opt out of at any time. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose. 


This week I'm sharing a roundup of 21 of my best gluten free summer recipes that make use of local, seasonal produce. 

21 Great GF Summer Recipes

Now it's your turn to share something!  


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting again! I’m continuing my organ meat experiments and came up with a delicious recipe for grilled sweetbreads. I also linked up to an article about Vitamin D and why sunshine is a better source than supplements. Have a delicious & healthy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great, Eileen! I've been working on safely getting my 15 minutes in the sun lately myself for my Vitamin D so I look forward to reading your article :)

      Delete
  2. Hello....haven't linked up for ages.... hope you are all dandy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shared three links this week...the sourdough starter FAIL isn't a recipe so I hope it's okay that I shared it since I know you do the gluten free recipes only...

    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog
    Exercise Encouragement GROUP Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! This week I shared a recipe for whole barbecued chicken on the grill. Cook outside and avoid heating up the house! The barbecue sauce has no refined sugar--it's date-sweetened.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for hosting! I am sharing a homemade sangria recipe this week. I am also traveling with the Weston Price Foundation for the next 2 weeks. I plan on sharing what I learn when I return from my trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. People who have gluten sensitivities shouldn't have to miss out on all the fun. This week I shared a recipe for gluten-free sourdough starter. Tried and true in several batches of pancakes already! ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...