The ads on this page help pay for tea, coffee, and the odd fancy ingredient

Saturday, January 2, 2016

My Gluten Free Weekly Meal Plan + disorderly neighbours & earthquakes


Yargh. It's been a crazy week, and I am now exhausted - and not in that good "oh it's been a wonderful holiday filled with family cheer" sort of way. Rather, it's been one of those "oh dear god what else is going to go wrong?!" kind of ways. Earthquakes and fire alarms (see details below) have disrupted my sleep and turned me cranky and seeking coffee at every turn.

Did I mention it's freezing cold here, also? All this means Danielle is tired, grumpy, and in need of comfort food. But after all the gingerbread cookies and excess of the holidays, this week's meal plan is all about easy, healthy comfort food :)



A few nights back we had a small earthquake here in the Pacific Northwest that actually woke me up in the middle of the night. The apartment rattled and the bed shook. My poor old cat got spooked and hid under the bed. My adrenaline kept me awake for quite some time afterwards! Luckily, no damage was done to any of those affected.

Then, on NYE (or should I say NY day?) at 5am, someone set off the fire alarm in our apartment building, startling us out of sleep, and we had to trek out and stand in the freezing (literally freezing at -5C) cold and the darkness while the fire department checked out the place. My husband is currently under the influence of an Epstein Barr flare-up and in need of sleep and rest, so standing in the cold didn't help him much either.

Turns out someone was smoking cigarettes inside the building. So yay. Thanks random neighbour, for once again spooking my poor old cat, ruining my sleep, and contributing to my husband's illness. Thanks to one person's selfish unwillingness to stand out in the cold to have a smoke, we all had to stand in the cold while the firemen checked out the building.

Anyhoo, that's my rant for the day.

Now on to this week's meal plan!!


 http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2015/08/vegan-gluten-free-slow-cooker-french.html




Week of: January 2 – 8, 2016
Day:
Dinners
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Scrounging through leftovers
Wednesday
Stir Fried Rice and Vegetables (Vegan opt) with Won Ton Soup (from my book Recipes for Unusual Gluten Free Pasta)
Thursday
Protein powder crepes (recipe to come) with veggie fajita fillings (recipe for filling in my book Living with Oral Allergy Syndrome)
Friday
Snacks & Lunches: Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Bowl, Miso Soup




I’m also drinking Pumpkin Spice Coffee, and hubby is liberally dosing himself with my Epstein Barr tea.



What are you eating this week?


http://poorandglutenfree.blogspot.ca/2015/05/vegan-gluten-free-tuscan-noodle-soup.html


































Did you know the latest novel in my Ancient Egyptian Romances series is available now? Follow the unlikely pair of Ebrium and Satsobek as they journey from the secret recess of the Temple of Mehyt through the seedy underbelly of Ancient Egypt. 
 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01910ZNI8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?keywords=in%20the%20temple%20of%20mehyt&qid=1449527328&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=pooandglufr03-20&linkId=e7e1edb344cda1737da6b795aa6266ad









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so go ahead, leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...